CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 2, 2007

We Made It To China!!

We finally arrived in Taiyuan today Sept. 2nd. Feels a little weird to have skiped a whole day. The flight from LA was fine, but very long. Our guide Mary said we will be going tommorrow afternoon to be able to get and meet Brooklynn for the first time. We are excited but exhausted from the travel. Mary our guide said it is a 4 hour trip from the orphanage to where we are.
Our ride to the hotel was very interesting I will have to say. People just walk out in the middle of the street and drive on both sides of the road. There are lines painted, but I think they are just there for looks. Oh, and really there is no speed limit and I don't think I saw one traffic light the whole time we were in the van. I have to say now I feel much safer riding in a NY cab in the streets of Manhattan than here any day. I ride with my eyes shut. We will post more later with pictures.

Love,
Diane

3 comments:

Russ and Lisa W. said...

We are glad you made and sound. Looking forward to those GOTCHA pictures!! Have a Wonderful time in CHINA!

Love, Russ and Lisa

Russ and Lisa W. said...

We are glad you made it SAFE AND SOUND! I don't know where all my words went in my post! lol
Lisa

Tina said...

We're glad you made it ok and you're in our prayers. Come on gotcha day!