CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dance Class/First Day of School

Brooklynn ready for Dance Class!


When do we start?


I am ready to dance now.

On Monday, Brooklynn started her first dance class. We were getting all her dance gear on and all she could do is giggle. On the way to dance she kept saying, "I dance." When we got to dance class she looked around and decided that it was ok. Everytime a new little girl would walk in she would say how much she liked her dance outfit. Class started and the parent's were asked to step out of the room. I was not ready to leave, but understood why this was needed. She waved bye as I showed her where I would be after class. Wow, that was a long hour of waiting. She came out of the class with her tap shoes on and was smiling really big. Brooklynn really enjoyed the class and has asked everyday this week when she gets to go back. I think she really is going to like this class. The class she takes is a combo class of ballet, tap, and tumbling. It is taking me some getting used to in doing these girly things. I am so used to all the boy sports that I forgot what it was like.

The boys started back to school on Wednesday and so far they seem to enjoy their teachers. Sorry no pictures of their first day. They asked not to have their picture taken. Braxton started the 7th grade at East Limestone and Davis started the 5th grade at Creekside. Braxton already has a project due in Literature and he is trying to get used to these complicated projects. As they went to school for the first day, I wondered where the time had gone. It really feels like yesterday I was the one with a child going into Kindergarten. Sometimes it is hard for me to believe that my babies are growing up and it is hard to start letting go a little. Of course if I had my way I would want to keep them in a bubble, but that is not going to happen. So, I send them off with the fact I have done what a parent needs to do for their child and that is place them in God's hands.

3 comments:

The Woodalls said...

Just look at that precious ballerina! So glad she enjoyed it!

Emily

The Smith's said...

How cute she looks in her dance gear. Looks like she is going to have lots of fun.

Becky

Tina said...

Oh how sweet! She looks absolutely adorable.
Tina